Monday 25 June 2012

Sun, Rain, Storm and more Nature

So,  one week of my holiday already is over. I have been away for a few days to friends in the country in the east of the Netherlands called Beuningen/Denekamp Overijssel.
My mother stayed there in the last winter of WW2 (when there was not enough food in the cities) and we've stayed in touch ever since. The existing farm has been replaced by a lovely bit house which also serves as a B&B. (www.bb-bloemen.nl)

B&B Bloemen

Front of the house

The last years (since my father passed away) my mum and I always went there once a year for about a week.
Since she has passed away in 2006 I go by myself, but only for a few days.
My friends and I took a short cycletrip (you can cycle there in abundance) Oh, the rural enviroment there is sooooo lovely.
On our way we passed a couple of people with camera's taking pictures of plants near a small canal.
Curiously we asked wat was so special and it was a sort of orchid (Spotted Orchus)


I had never heard of it, but it was very beautiful.

Since we were thirsty we stopped at a lovely  Icecream shop, called the Ijskuip (the Icebarrel) Owned by Erik en Hermien Kuiper .
IJssalon de IJskuip
Schotbroekweg 2
7591ND Denekamp
the Netherlands



They make Italian icecream made from the milk from their own cows. The restaurant was build on to an existing farm. This happens to be the farm where a famous Dutch cycle racer was born. His name is Hennie Kuiper. I had a lovely icecream; Lemon pie and Boer'n Jongens (wich means as much as Famersboys, and tastes of Rum and Raisins) The (Fairtrade) coffee was served with a miniature icecream, so very clever!


After a few Sunny days I went back home where the weather changed and it rained for two days. Which came with gaelforce gusts of wind and beautiful, fast rolling stormclouds.



Just as well the weather was not that good. There was no time to sit in the sun; I had to clear up the guest bedroom because my sister is moving in. It was a lot of work but all done now. Last Sunday we put the last thing in boxes and everything went into storage waiting for her new house to be ready. So untill then she lives with me.

In my sisters house; the last odd and ends



This was my week. Busy, but I still had some time to make a few flowergarlands, which I have put on my curtains. (the sign is my Dutch Webshop Adress)


Flower and bunting







2 comments:

  1. My crochet flower garland put in an appearance at Prom Art on Sunday as part of the props for my stall. Had to put them away quick though when the rain came.
    We have the pink plant growing wild in the nature reserve that we overlook from our house.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This plant was also in the wild, just near the Almelo-Nordhorn Canal. There were also some amazing waterlillies but that photo wasn't in focus.

      Delete