Thursday 19 September 2013

Too long overdue!!! A little update.

Has it really been 3 months since I updated my Blog? How time flies. Summer has come and gone and Autumn is setting in with rain and more rain.
September 14th I booked a stall at a fair in my neighbourhood and it was a sad affair. I barely sold anything and I had reduced the prices of many articles. I had small cute things for very little prices.
But I could not tempt the public. People tend not to buy anything when the weather isn't helping a bit.
It drizzled, with now and then a little dry spell. But when gusts of winds blew my items across the stall I gave in and put everything in the plastic containers and went home.

It was such a letdowm that I haven't crocheted even one stitch since. I've got stock enough. And to think I made many lovely sets of coasters.


 

 Autumn Colours
 
I even made a set of Halloween coasters
 
 
 
I didn't set up the stall as I Always do (with white, long tablecloth like sheets) because everything became wet from the rain. I used a plastic cover sheet to line the stall table.
The sign in the background is from the stall behind me. It promotes a political party.
 
 
My helper in the stall, 14 year old niece Emma
 
 
Some details on the stall

The heart earrings were made by Emma
 
 

Now I want to concentrate on more season related items and I really have make some more items for the fashion industry (for dolls that is LOL)
For LittleFee
 
 
For Lati and PukiFee
 
 
And of course for Blythe Dolls
 
 
Well, that's it for now. I will be back soon. Things to do!!
I'll keep you posted (more often I hope)
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love your coasters ... How these did not fly off your stall I just don't know. I for one would definitely buy them. Beautiful colours - especially the autumn ones .. Cute leaf!I love your blog. Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma,

      Thanks for your kind words. I don't understand it either.
      It was probably the faul weather.

      Best wishes,
      Adrianne

      Delete
  2. Hello Adrianne what a joy to see all your lovely work on display and the dolls in all their finery. It was such a shame the day was so bad. I know how you feel I set my stall up three times in one day as it rained then the sun shone.
    Lynn xxxx

    ReplyDelete